Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Subtropical Christmas Part 2: Food!

(If you are receiving this in email form and don't want to receive it anymore, please let me know. I promise not to be offended. :))

This next installment of the Christmas Party story is about the food. We had SO much food! We were eating leftovers for DAYS! I still have some stuffing left!!

I can't type much because of a small fingertip injury, so I will let the pictures do most of the talking.



Amazing cake by MaryAnne.

Japanese Christmas cake from one of my coworkers. They love to eat cake on Christmas. :)
Cocoa with marshmallows and candy canes! Aren't these jars sweet?
Green salad by An Yang.
Cheese platter by Max.
Cookies by Julie (who also made yams, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and more!


Gingerbread house! (Group effort. Mostly An Yang's creation. :D)



And the turkey!! Now this one I have to talk about a bit more. This was my first attempt at making a turkey (which I bought frozen from Costco), and I was so happy with the turnout! Sarra coached me through the preparation process where we removed all the nasty insides and then coated the thing in butter and fresh thyme and rosemary. Then we baked him (we named him Takumi the Turkey) until he was crispy, juicy, tender, and incredible. We had to borrow a confection oven from Julie, and it worked out perfectly.

I can't believe my turkey turned out so well! I already told my mom that I would make the turkey at home from now on. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment