1. What's your name?
2. What are you doing in Okinawa?
3. What's your favorite thing about Japanese matsuri?
4. How do you say that in English?
5. What's your favorite thing about your yukata?
We rehearsed the questions and answers a few times and I felt pretty confident when I stepped into the spotlight. My answers went like this:
1. Lebekka desu! *corny smile*
2. Koyo Koko no Eigo no kyoshi desu! (English teacher)
4. Chicken stick!
5. I like the color!
Apparently my tricky escort decided to switch things up on me at the last minute.So instead of asking what I did in Okinawa, he asked where I was from in America, and instead of asking how to say yakitori in English, he asked what my passion was.
I was so nervous and stage-struck that I was completely unable to process these changes and proudly proclaimed to all of Nanjo that I am not only from "English Teacher, America" but that my passion in life is "chicken stick!"
|At least my obi didn't come untied or anything.:P|