Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Miss a Wedding, Get a Hat!

The wind has been howling every night this week. If I leave the door cracked even slightly, it rattles my sliding wood doors and wakes me periodically through the night. If I leave the door closed, the humidity slowly descends like a giant, suffocating pillow of death. That combined with the nightly (small) earthquakes has left me with huge, dark circles under my eyes. So, although I am aching to blog and am full of stories and observations to share, I am going to call it an early night. 10 p.m. and I am all tucked in.

I will share one little anecdote with you. One of my fellow teachers recently invited me to his wedding party and though I originally RSVPd "Yes," I had to back out when I decided I would rather spend the weekend soaking up sunshine on an outer island. Feeling bad, I gifted the customary ichiman yen (about 100 dollars) and swallowed my guilt.

That was about a month ago, and today I received a gift back from him. Apparently guests receive wedding souvenirs and mine was this dandy white serving plate.


Makes me feel even guiltier for bailing on the ceremony, but I don't really know this teacher so I am trying to suck it up. Regardless of all that, the plate's pretty! It makes a nice hat.

p.s. Thanks to Sarra, I've been studying Asian poses. They are pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment